The goal of the Overseas Voting Initiative is to improve the voting process for UOCAVA citizens. CSG helps FVAP augment its ongoing efforts to engage its stakeholders—especially state and local election offices—through a variety of research efforts involving OVI’s Working Group. OVI research examines critical areas for improving UOCAVA voting, including:
- Sustainability of UOCAVA balloting solutions
- Improving communications and connections between UOCAVA citizens and their election offices
- Making voter registration easier for UOCAVA citizens
- Considering how DoD digital signature capabilities can facilitate document signing by certain UOCAVA voters
- Examining how the ballot duplication process can be improved through transparent standard operating procedures and new technologies
- Identifying a data standard for reporting EAC EAVS Section B, or ESB, data
- Recommending critical changes to Section B of the EAC EAVS to streamline the survey and make it less burdensome to state and local election offices
Following are highlighted OVI reports:
Examining the Sustainability of Balloting Solutions for Military & Overseas Voting
OVI Sustainability of UOCAVA Balloting Solutions Subgroup report summarizes efforts to better understand why UOCAVA ballot delivery and return solutions have not been as sustainable as intended and areas of future research in sustainable balloting solutions.
OVI Technology Working Group Report: Using Technology to Enhance Military and Overseas Voting: Common Access Cards and Ballot Duplication
Members of OVI’s Technology Working Group’s recommendations for Common Access Cards and digital signature verification, as well as unreadable or damaged ballot duplication.
OVI Technology Working Group Report: Using Technology to Enhance Military and Overseas Voting: Use of Data Standardization and Performance Metrics
Members of OVI’s Technology Working Group’s recommendations for data standardization for election administration particularly within Section B of the Election Administration and Voting Survey, or EAVS.